Miracle at Korle Bu as no baby or staff was harmed during fire outbreak

Miracle at Korle Bu

Miracle at Korle Bu as no baby or staff was harmed during fire outbreak last night.

This dawn a video circulating online showed that a portion of the Maternity Ward of the Korle Bu Teaching hospital was on fire.

The person filming the incident claimed that the Ghana National Fire Service had been called, but its personnel were yet to get to the hospital to help douse the flame.

The Public Relations Officer of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Mustapha Salifu has refuted claims that the maternity block of the hospital has been gutted by fire.

He said;

“The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service(GNFS).

“As a precautionary measure, some of the babies were moved to another wing of the same floor.
We wish to state no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury. Normal operations have resumed after assessment by the Ghana National Fire Service indicated that, there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff. We wish to commend the staff on duty for their alertness and professionalism,” he added.