Milovan Rajevac names Black Stars 30-man provisional squad for 2021 Afcon in January.
Coach Milovan Rajevac named five home-based players in his 30-man squad while the remaining all played international leagues for the pre-tournament camping in Doha, Qatar.
The Black Stars will begin camping on Wednesday, December 22, 2021, in Doha, Qatar for a 17-day training camp in preparation for the Cup of Nations which kicks off on Sunday, January 09, 2022.
While in Qatar, the Black Stars will play three friendly matches. The Ghana Football Association has already concluded talks with Algeria, and talks for two more matches are still ongoing.
The team will wrap up their test matches against African Champions Algeria on Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
Below is the list.
- Goalkeepers: Joseph Wolacott (Swindon Town), Abdul Manaf Nurudeen (Eupen), Richard Attah (Hearts of Oak), Lawrence Ati Zigi (St. Gallen)
- Defenders: Andy Yiadom (Reading FC), Philemon Baffuor (Dreams FC), Baba Abdul Rahman (Reading FC), Gideon Mensah (Girondins Bordeaux), Daniel Amartey (Leicester City), Alexander Djiku (Strasbourg FC), Jonathan Mensah (Columbus Crew), Khalid Abdul Mumin (Vitoria de Guimaraes)
- Midfielders: Baba Iddrissu (Real Mallorca), Edmund Addo (Sherif Tiraspol), Thomas Teye Partey (Arsenal FC), Mubarak Wakaso (Shenzhen FC), Mohammed Kudus (Ajax Amsterdam), Daniel Kofi Kyere (St. Pauli), David Abagna (Real Tamale United), Salis Abdul Samed (Clermont Foot)
- Wingers: Abdul Fatawu Issahaku (Dreams FC), Samuel Owusu (Al-Fayha), Kamal Deen Suleymana (Rennes FC), Dede Ayew (Al Sadd SC), Joseph Paintsil (Genk)
- Strikers: Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace), Richmond Boakye Yiadom (Beitar Jerusalem), Maxwell Abbey Quaye (Great Olympics), Felix Afena Gyan (AS Roma), Benjamin Tetteh (Malatyaspor)