The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has shut down the East Legon branch of Marwako restaurant over widespread reports of food poisoning.
The restaurant was closed down by the Authority to enable them commence an investigation into the complaints of numerous food poisoning cases from customers.
FDA announced this on it’s Twitter handle.
“The FDA has taken notice of complaints from the public about the suspected food poisoning at the East Legon Branch of Marwarko Restaurant. We have closed down the restaurant and together with other relevant agencies, started investigations”, the tweet said.
According to reports over 100 different individuals including children have reported food poisoning cases within a short period to different hospitals and they all mentioned that they purchased food from the same Marwako restaurant.
Many have since been hospitalized with many of the alleged victims referencing the eatery’s East Legon branch as the possible source of their discomfort.
Marwako, a fast-food eatery in Accra has been trending on Twitter after several Twitter users complained of experienced food poisoning after eating there.
Watch the video below;