Man sues hospital for leaving surgical blade in his abdomen for 3years affecting him dearly.
The negligence by doctors in many hospitals have made many lost their lives and this story is not different.
David Mlilo had the blade in his abdomen for three years before a doctor from Parirenyatwa discovered it.
He claims he lost his job as village supervisor early this year as a result of health complications caused by a surgical blade allegedly left in his abdomen by surgeons. Mlilo told The Mirror that he plans to sue the hospital for compensation because their doctors’ negligence cost him his job.
Mlilo recounted his ordeal, revealing that on December 18, 2019, he underwent surgery to correct a hernia problem. He claimed that after the operation, he began to experience more pain, and that his health has deteriorated since then.
Tongaat Hullet’s management recommended early retirement for him in March of this year due to his ill health. As his health deteriorated, Mlilo was referred to Parirenyatwa Hospital, where Dr. John Dandadzi performed another operation on August 19.
Dr. Dandadzi, who was operating on him for the second time, was said to have discovered the surgical blade in his abdomen. During the procedure, he removed a cystostomy and the surgical blade from his abdomen.