K!ll me and spare my son’s life – Atsu’s mother weeps uncontrollably as she begs God

There are mixed feelings in Atsu’s family as reports suggest that the player is nowhere to be found following the earthquake that hit Turkey on Monday.

Agent of the former Black Stars winger, Christian Atsu, revealed that the player cannot be located some 24 hours after he was pulled out of the debris.

The winger initially went missing 26 hours after the first earthquake hit Turkey, till Turkish media confirmed his rescue.

Turkish reporter, Yagiz Sabuncuoglu disclosed that the winger’s health is currently being monitored.

“It’s good news but we’re following his condition because, when someone is rescued from under rubble, it means he hasn’t eaten or drank anything.

“So the person’s condition is very important after the rescue. That’s why we’re following up with the hospital.”

However, a day after news of the rescue, the winger cannot be found – again. His agent, Nana Sekyere told Joy Sports all his efforts to find his client have failed.

“No club official or hospital staff have been able to confirm his presence in any hospital in Hatya or a neighbouring country, we are still searching for him, so are very concerned. It’s 24 hours since it was reported he’s alive, however, he has not been seen in any hospital.

“I am speaking to everybody; I am in direct contact with everybody at Hatayspor, I am also in contact with the Ghana and British consulates in Turkey and the Turkish football association.”

Following the news, Peace FM’s Dan Kwaku Yeboah paid a visit to Christian Atsu’s family house at Ogbojo in Accra.

The atmosphere in the house was one of mixed feelings as many of the family members found it difficult to contain their emotions.

In a statement, a 71-year-old woman who is the younger sister of Atsu’s late mother, strongly opined that it would have been better for her to lose her life instead her son.

“It will be better for me if I lose my life and Atsu’s lives because he is everything to us. He is our only hope. I could not sleep when I heard the news. We have been praying throughout”, she said.

Thank You For Your Comment On Adepanews.com