The Electoral Commission, Ghana (EC) headed by Mrs Jean Mensah has finally released the names of presidential candidates who qualify to contest in the upcoming general elections.
Mrs Jean Mensah speaking at a Press Conference on Monday, October 19, 2020 disclosed that five (5) of the seventeen (17) nominees who submitted nomination forms to contest for the presidency have been disqualified.
The 12 Presidential Candidates that have been cleared by the EC to contest for the 2020 general elections are :
1. Alfred Walker (Independent)
2. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo (NPP)
3. Christian Kwabena Andrews (GUM)
4. Bridgette Dzobegnuku (PPP)
5. John Dramani Mahama (NDC)
6. Akua Donkor (GFP)
7. Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings (NDP)
8. Hassan Ayariga (APC)
9. Ivor Greenstreet (CPP)
10. Henry Herbert Lartey (GCPP)
11. Kofi Akpaloo (LPG)
12. David Apesera(PNC)
The 5 disqualified aspirants are :
1. Kofi Koranteng (Independent)
2. Marricke Kofi Gane (Independent)
3. Akwasi Odike (UPP)
4. Kwesi Busumburu (PAP)
5. Agyenim Boateng (UFP)
Meanwhile, the EC Chairperson,Jean Mensah explained that the GHc100,000 filing fee will be refunded to the said candidates in line with the rules surrounding the process.