Coronavirus safety and prevention tips.
Major airports have begun screening passengers for the coronavirus.
While there is still much to learn about the Wuhan outbreak, scientists do know a bit about similar coronaviruses and other respiratory illnesses like influenza.
Below are some Coronavirus safety and prevention tips you can practice from the American Red Cross.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; throw used tissues in the trash. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, and countertops.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them – use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
I hope the measures help the spread of coronavirus.