Controversial media personality, Afia Schwarzenegger has taken legal action against KLM Royal Dutch Airlines for removing her from their flight.
According to reports, the outspoken comedienne was removed from the flight for boarding while drunk.
Afia is suing the airline for maltreatment.
A copy of the Writ of Summons issued to the Airline has Afia Schwarzenegger asking the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to do the following:
- Refund of the sum of EUR2,934.18 or its cedi equivalent being the cost of the Plaintiff’s elite ticket.
- Pay the sum of USD4,600.00 or its cedi equivalent being the cost of Plaintiff’s two (2) damaged bags.
- Pay the sum of EUR312.00 or its cedi equivalent being the cost of the broken drinks.
- Pay of a sum of GH48,000 being the amount paid to the Plaintiff to perform at a show in Ghana.
- Compensation in the of TWO hundred thousand Euros
According to an Ameyaw Debrah report, the comedienne was removed from the plane after querying a flight attendant in the business class cabin for not assisting her to put her luggage in the overhead compartment. She made a complaint to the ground staff when she was removed from the flight and they put her in a hotel and arranged for a new flight for her, and wrote an apology letter to her.
However, the airline failed to respond to reports in the media that she was removed from the flight for being drunk and bad behaviour.